Adams Rite 4900 Heavy Duty Deadlatch For Sale
Description: 4900 Heavy Duty Deadlatch provides flexible traffic control and easy installation.
Function: Flexibility of traffic control and installation is offered by 4900 Heavy Duty Deadlatches. A reverse turn of the key while bolt is held retracted retains the bolt, to allow two-way traffic for applications which require free entrance at certain times and exit-only at other times. Interchangeable, without stile modification, with any MS1850A or MS1850S deadbolt of same backset and faceplate shape. Also retrofits to existing 4500 and 4700 Deadlatch preparations. 1-3/4” minimum door thickness required.
Operation: Turn key or operate handle or paddle to retract spring-loaded latch bolt. To hold bolt retracted, push it in and secure by reverse turn of key. Uses any standard 1-5/32” mortise cylinder with MS® dimensioned cam.
- Bolt Holdback: While bolt is held fully retracted, a reverse turn of the key retains the bolt, allowing the door to be free swinging.
- Cylinder Backset: 31/32”, 1-1/8”, or 1-1/2”
- Case: Measures 7/8” x 5-13/16” x depth. Depth varies by backset (see table on catalog page). Steel with corrosion-resistant plating. Screw-fastened tube spacer brackets allow for cleaner removal when tab mounting.
- Latchbolt: 5/8” x 1” x 5/8” throw. Solid brass. Handing is easily reversible using only a screwdriver.
- Auxiliary Latchpin: Stainless steel. Deadlocks latch bolt to prevent “loiding” or case-knife entry.
- Faceplates: Measures 1” x 6-7/8”. Both flat and radius faceplates are supplied. Flat faceplates can also be adjusted in the field for right or left beveled edge doors.
- Strikes: Standard strike furnished is 4902 for flat jamb where door closes flush or nearly flush. Specify 4901 for retrofit installations. Also available: radius strike for opposite stile in paired doors and long lip strikes for centerhung doors.
- Cylinder Cam: Operable by any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam, dimensioned as shown. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers. See CYLINDERS for cylinder make, thumbturn and trim ring information.
Options: Backset, strike, and finish must be specified when ordering. For information on handles, paddles, and lever operators, see TRIM. See ELECTRIC STRIKES for compatible access control products. See 4920AN Heavy Duty Deadlatch (ANSI Size) for wood and hollow metal door applications.
Standard Package: Individually boxed with flat and radius faceplates, strike, and machine screws for mounting. Order cylinders, paddles, handles, or lever operators separately. Shipping weight: 1-1/4 lbs.